An Irbid Story...

Irbid is a city which is situated at the north of Jordan. It is the second or third largest city in Jordan. This is where I've been live in for almost two years I think. This is also where I study. Well there's so many story about this city to tell you guys. Heve you guys ever heard about Yarmouk War? Yarmouk University? The once most famous street with the biggest number of cyber cafe ever recorded? Yeah, it's here in Irbid.

With most of the population of the Irbid is the Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST) and Yarmouk University students from all countries, across the globe. With most of the students came from Middle Eastern countries. It is the second lively city in Jordan I ever see. First one is Amman the capital of Jordan. Ok about Irbid. Actually in Irbid, there is a lot of villages, situated the outer ring of this municipality. I only knew a few places since I don't really like to wondering around (hehe~ since there is too many "kampung" boys around this city, whom cannot accept foreingners).

In Irbid, the places that I've ever been is the City Centre (which is called Wasatol Balad in Arabic), University Street (this is where I live. It's named like because it's beside the Yarmouk University), Nu3aimah (nu-a'i-mah ; a village that i've visit), and a few more that I can't recall the names. Well over all, my neighbourhood is very condusive for a student, since it's occupied by students.

Before we hook this connection at home (which I'm currently use), I used to visit the cc like 3 to 4 times a week. And for each visit I'll spend at least 1 to 2 hours to check mails, chatting, and doing stuff. The one that I always visit called Multaqa Sofwa. It' situated like less than 300 meters from my house. So I usually went up there. If I don't go over there, I'll go to my senior house. That was when their house is the only Malaysian house that have an internet connection (how I miss those days when we used to visit them. Insyallah I'll go and visit them. Hehe~)

Ok here is the best part, where I always buy my stuff? Mmmmm.... there's a few places that I like to visit here in Irbid.

   1. Safeway. Why is it called Safeway? Is it because it's safe? Or just because they like that name? The answer is that, they really save your money ; from being sent into other shops since the price over there is like sky high. Yeah, since the Jordan tax is like almost 20% now. Huhu~ No wonder, because most of the items over there are imported.

   2. Zamzam Mini Market. Why? Well I don't really know why. But since everyone said that it's got a better price with a variety of goods to choose from, well there's nothing to lose. Yeah, it's got a better and reasonable price and good stuffs.

   3. Alghazawi. Mmmm... Because it's near to bus stand and got a lot of stuff? Hehe~ No comment.

   4. Simsimah Mini Market. It's closer to my house and also got a good number of stuff at reasonable price. And also, the owner got a cute daughter. Hehe~ *wink*

   5. Last but not least, Dalki Mini Market. Why? Mmmm because it's right under my building. In other simple word that at my house. Huhu~ Good but there only a few goods to select from. So not really a place that everyone wish to go to. But since it's really near and got a lot of icecream ~mmm yummy~ there's nothing that could hold me from going there. Hahaha~

Anything else about Irbid? Mmmmm I don't really know. But if there is soemthing I wanna tell you guys about, I'll be writing again. I guest thats all for now. Until I got something else to write, or got time to do it, insyallah there will be a new entry. Till then, keep eating, sleep and do anything for Ummah. Hehe~ (don't take it too serious. coz if you do, mmmmm I don't know what will I do. Anyway, "Keep breathing for Islam and the Ummah").

Here are few pics on Irbid. Hehe~


View from my house toward the Tol Karam Street



A local restaurant with delicious local dishes....



University's mosque (Yarmouk which is only 5 minutes walk from home.But I seldom went there. Hehe~)



A view from my seat in lecture hall while waiting for another class


Tagging all my Irbidian friends Hata @ Irbid, Ejard @ Irbid, Halfi @ Irbid, Mando @ Irbid. And to all my fellow friends whom like to tell us something about their place......

0 comments:

 
Copyright © CHRONICLEofanwar