Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost.....

Assalammualaikum everyone. Alhamdulillah the SPM result is out last week. And as we all expect that there'll be some increase in the number of students who get straight As. Well As is not something that will give you a bright future. It's rather yourself than else. Congratulations to students who did well in their SPM. To those who's unfortunate, don't be sad with it. Get it over with. Pull yourself together. It's not the end of the world. The real test is just about to start. You guys now are embarking the real ship towards your dreams. What had passed leave it behind to remind you. And future is something that you have to seek for yourself. Remember once you fall it doesn't means that you'll be in the slump forever. It's all about how you getting up again and continue your journey. Insyallah in the future you'll become someone much more important than those who get straight As. Here I have an entry from my friend site, who's now studying in States. Well hope you guys will get something out of it.......

Some point to ponder for SPM graduate ..

Monday March 12 2007 was a day that every high school graduate has been waiting for. A day where the SPM result was announced.
As I expected the number of people getting straight A will increase. Congratulation to those who able to get that result. For those who were not, don't be too upset. This is not the end of your world. There will be more challenging task you will be facing when you study in the university.

My SPM result was not that good. I was not a straight A student in my high school. I was just a mediocre student who likes to spent most of my study time for my other school obligation. My class teacher once labeled me as part time student full time player as I always not around the school for extra co-curriculum activities. People might think I just want to brag myself here as I'm now study in US under MARA. But I would like to reinstate that I was not an excellent student. If you don't believe me, you can ask any of my schoolmate about how was I in high school. Some of my friends might tell you that I was lucky to get this scholarship which I'm not supposed to get it. Now back to my story, eventhough I was not in class, I will make sure that when I'm done with my activities I will go to my classmate to ask for note that I had missed. If I didn't understand, I will ask them to teach me. My friends always there for me to answer my question and they were so reliabale. I have to admit that I understand better when my friends teach me compared to the teacher.That was me when I was in high school.

But here in university I was alone. I don't have many friend whom I can always refer to. If I do have, they are not so reliable to give me a correct answer. They also are not sure whether what they are doing is right or wrong. Eventhough their SPM result was far away better that me, but still they are not sure with what they are doing.

You know why this thing happen? It is because of what you learn in lecture is not enough for you to understand the whole concept of the subject . The lecturer only teach you the main concept but to undertand profoundly of what you learn you need to do some extra work. You need to do some research, reading the whole chapter in the book or reading material that is outside the texbook. Study in the university is not a spoon fed concept, it is all about your eagerness to get knowledge. If you really want to understand the subject, you need to do some extra work to understand it.

This is where your life begin. Your true study skill will be tested. I don't know whether American grading concept is similar to Malaysia or not, but here you are not graded based on one exam, you are graded based on the homework,quiz, test, project and other assignment that is assigned by your lecturer. If you screw up on one of those school work, don't even dream to get an A. To get an A here is 90 above and you need to get almost perfect in all of those criteria that I have mentioned. For mediocre student like me, that is one hell of a goal.

Therefore for students who are not doing so good in their SPM, don't worry too much. You still have chance to amend your mistake. And for those who got straight A especially the one who got 17,18, or 19 As, your success come with a great responsibility. If in the future you want to be a doctor but just end up being a doctor in the same level as someone who got only 9 or 10 As,then shame on you. For your level, you should do better than that. For your level you should do something extraordinary to at least change our society. Be creative and use your brain at your full potential.

Friday Mach 16 2007

0 comments:

 
Copyright © CHRONICLEofanwar